Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 02, 2011 Groundhog Day

Here is a glimpse of what the last few days have brought us.  The iced screen distorts  the outside images but I didn't think my camera belonged in all the mess outside so here you go.  

I restarted work on an UFO last night.   Imagine that.    My husband says that I like to collect the books and  sewing machines and do the research but as yet he sees no new quilt on our bed.    So, I decided that it was time for me to return to the quilt that I started about a year ago.       

I come from a family of sewers and quilters, and supplemented that knowledge with 4-H and Home Ec.    I have some fond memories of sitting beneath the set up quilt and listening to the women's conversation and of course these gatherings included cake (which was not an everyday occurrence in our household).

 Did Anyone Say Cake........ 


I had a Stack N Whack class at our local quilt shop and that was the start of the quilt top.     It is interesting picking the fabric, as it needs to have a repeating pattern and in this case it repeated every 12 inches.    It is amazing how it makes you look at fabric a whole new way.   

There is a class for the sashing and finishing the quilt top next week perhaps that will provide the focus and  inspiration for me to complete the Stack N Whack Fan blocks this week.   Time will tell.  I'll post some pictures of the WIP tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment